Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3/7 Board Meeting Cancelled

This meeting should be rescheduled relatively quickly.  The meat of the next Board meeting will likely be the issues discussed at the last Finance Committee meeting (wound care clinic, financials, purchase contracts) which I attended to get the details. 

Also,  I want to say that I attended the 2/28 Employee Recognition Reception.  Unfortunately, I had to leave early, but it was nice to see an organization recognizing employees like that.  To some it may seem that my critique of the Hospital is aimed at the people who work there.  I am certain that there are less than stellar people at the Hospital, but I am also certain that it has its fair share (or more than its fair share) of outstanding employees.  The problems at the Hospital are institutional and systemic rather than individual and performance related. 

Anyway, congratulations to all who were recognized and especially to Diane Pasquini with 45 years of service who has been a nurse since 1965!  If I'm not mistaken, several wings of the existing hospital did not exist when she started.

No comments:

Post a Comment